Wednesday 27 June 2018

The Big EU Passport Campaign

We, as UK citizens who live in the UK are also EU citizens and currently enjoy Freedom of Movement Rights as EU Citizens yet our rights appear to be being left out of the EU citizenship / Brexit discussions.

To bring this to the attention of Government,  we produced a Big EU passport and started The Big EU Passport Campaign !!

The statement in the Big EU Passport is as follows :
"This UK Passport gives us, as EU Citizens, the Right to live and work in 28 EU Countries (& 3 EEA Countries). We, the undersigned, do not want to lose this Right and ask that our Rights are fully protected and that they are valued and considered in any Brexit negotiations."

Our Petition:

Protect our Freedom of Movement Rights

 - https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229678
______________________________

We submitted evidence to the EU Justice Sub Committee of the House of Lords on Brexit-Citizens Rights - you will find our submission here along with a further one from the European Movement in Scotland who have also supported our submission:

So let's at least make sure our RIGHTS ARE BEING CONSIDERED !!

We are hoping to re-launch our petition and if we can achieve 10,000 then we should be able to get a Government response.  Arrangements will then be made to present it in London at the Dept for Exiting the EU and/or All Party Committee of MPs, of which my local MP is a member.

Please get in touch - we are on Twitter @BigEUPassport and Facebook and if you contact Jen Wilson via there we can arrange to contact you.

We support British in Europe (fighting for UK in EU) and the 3 Million (fighting for EU27 in UK) - while we definitely overlap on many issues we are specifically fighting for UK in UK to keep Freedom of Movement Rights. Many UK in UK have lived or worked abroad or plan to do so or have family links.  We particularly also support the European Citizens Initiative - this should have probably been done right at the time of Maastricht - which is 25 years old in November 2018 ! (http://ec.europa.eu/citizens-initiative/public/welcome and https://neweuropeans.net/) and

1 comment:

  1. Transferring comments from original blog post
    1 – 8 of 8
    Blogger Brit in Denmark said...
    Please consider this as a digital signature. I would also sign an online petition if you create one. I am a disenfranchised Brit (15 year rule) living in Denmark

    6 July 2017 at 07:00 Delete
    Blogger drpaulmorgan said...
    Stopping Brexit is an action taken in the national interest. Every claim, every promise made by the Brexitears during their referendum campaign has been exposed as simply not true, either from cluelessness, incompetence or downright mendacious lying.
    Brexit is an omnishambles. Game over, Brexitears. You were challenged to show the benefits of Brexit and have failed spectacularly.

    12 July 2017 at 14:20 Delete
    Anonymous Anonymous said...
    Brexit was bought by millionaires. It is not in the nationalinterest. Please call a halt to the madness.

    15 July 2017 at 11:36 Delete
    Blogger nicola james said...
    Can I sign, too? I am a disenfranchised Brit who will be exiled by UK government's proposed income threshold. I am worried about the consequences if I am forced to take Dutch citizenship, as dual nationality is only permitted in the Netherlands, if both countries are members of the EU. I'm very angry that my future is being decided for me, without letting me vote, by a government I cannot "hold to account".
    N. James

    27 July 2017 at 11:36 Delete
    Blogger nicola james said...
    Can I sign too please? I am a disenfranchised British citizen in the EU. Very angry that I my lose considerable rights and freedoms because of a vote I was excluded from. Even angrier that I have no way to hold to account a government, that wants to remove my rights.

    27 July 2017 at 11:39 Delete
    Anonymous Shaun Davey said...
    Great idea - this is my digital signature! Keep up the good work and end this nonesense.

    6 August 2017 at 14:15 Delete
    Anonymous Louise Vale said...
    Can I sign too, please? I'm a British person currently managing an EU-funded project in the UK. I was hoping to retire to France but don't know if that will be possible now.

    6 August 2017 at 23:07 Delete
    Blogger Carol Hedges said...
    The behaviour of the UK Government beggars belief. Even pre Brexit, Cameron allowed the EU to be blamed for austerity, economic decline, and subsequent woes that were directly attributable to the Tory Govt. During the Brexit campaign, the Daily Heil (sic) and other vile fascist rags deliberately conflated EU workers with refugees & illegal immigrants.NO TORY MINISTER HAS EVER COME OUT AND PROTESTED THIS. As a result, 'immigration' became the platform on which Farage (EU pension) Banks (Russian wife) campaigned and won.It is still being used: Barnier is being blamed for the UK Govt failure to say what it wants. People like me, and you, suffer verbal abuse every time we speak in another language.I get anti-Semitic comments as I've just got me German Jewish family's citizenship restored. Oh I could go on and on..but hey.

    ReplyDelete